Manually editing the Windows registry to get rid of invalid Error 12152 keys isn’t recommended unless you’re PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry may prevent your PC from working and cause irreversible damage to your operating system. In reality, one misplaced comma will prevent your PC from booting entirely!
To manually fix your Windows registry, you first want to create a backup by exporting some of the registry linked to Error 12152 (eg.):
- Click on the Start button.
- Type “control” from the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- Whilst holding CTRL-Shift in your computer, hit ENTER.
- You’ll be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Type “regedit” and struck ENTER.
- From the Registry Editor, Pick the Error 12152-related key (eg. www.mcafee.com/activate Antivirus) you would like to back up.
- In the Document menu, select Export.
- From the Save list, choose the folder in which you would like to conserve your Mcafee.com/activate Antivirus backup crucial.
- From the Document Name box, type a name for your backup file, for example “McAfee Antivirus Backup”.
- From the Export Range box, so make certain that “Selected branch” is chosen.
- Click Conserve.
- The document is then saved using a .reg file extension.