Last Updated on July 21, 2020
Cybersecurity has become an incredibly pressing issue as of late with cyberattacks becoming ever so prevalent. Hackers are continuously looking to exploit vulnerabilities in your defense system to introduce malicious programs and pieces of code that can compromise the integrity of your data. It is your job to ensure that they are unable to penetrate your security mechanisms.
There are many different types of malware, viruses, and Trojans that can either allow the hacker to steal your information and use it for personal gain or put it behind a wall. They usually use malicious, infected files and programs to download themselves onto your computer system and gain access to your private business, putting you at risk. So what exactly can you do if you suspect that you have installed a malicious program on your Windows device? How can you uninstall it?
UNINSTALLING MALICIOUS PROGRAM FROM WINDOWS USING MCAFEE.COM/ACTIVATE
- First of all, you must purchase a McAfee.com/activate product subscription online.
- Next, head over to www.McAfee.com/activate.
- Here, you will be asked to enter your 25 digit alphanumeric McAfee.com/activate activation code.
- Next, use your credentials to log into your McAfee account at www.McAfee.com/activate. You can also make a new one if you do not have one already.
- Download the McAfee.com/activate Antivirus program using the provided link.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation process.
- Once the program has finished installing, open McAfee Internet Security.
- In the Security Window, click on Scan.
- Choose between Quick Scan or Full Scan in your options. The quick scan checks the computer’s core files, while the full scan checks through all files and folders on your system.
- Click on details once the scan finishes.
- Under Viruses and Trojans, you will be able to see if any such malicious programs have been detected.
- Click on Remove All to destroy all of these threats. If you want, you can sift through the results and select which files and programs you want to delete.
- Another option is for you to use the McAfee.com/activate Stinger Tool which is available for free.
- Open the interface and click on Scan Now to check all files on your computer.
- You will get a detailed report at the end with the number of clean files on your computer.
- It will also repair any broken or infected files it finds on your system in the process.