Last Updated on June 14, 2017
This guide is going to help you with shifting an present cellular product subscription to some other smartphone or tablet device.
To upgrade your Mobile Security account together with the newest phone information:
NOTE: Once you transfer your Mobile Security subscription for your device, the older device will no longer be guarded.
- Download and install Mobile Security in your own device. For downloading instructions, visit www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Open Mobile Security and trigger with the Login option.
- Choose the appropriate country.
- Choose the available subscription that you need to use.
- Type your telephone number (optional).
- Type and verify your PIN for the present Mobile Security account.
To upgrade your Mobile Security account together with the newest tablet information, download and then put in Mobile Security along with your current account.
If you bought a used cell phone, you may receive the following error message:
- This device was filed before with a different SIM.
- To keep McAfee Mobile Security, please utilize that SIM.
- If you no longer possess that SIM please contact support.
If you bought a used tablet computer, you may receive the following error message:
- This device was filed before with a different email address.
- Please utilize that McAfee Security account to enrol this device.
- This usually means that Mobile Security has been set up and activated with this device by the previous owner.
Contact the previous owner and get the following information:
- Initial User name (telephone number for smartphone and email address for tablet)
- The title of one of those previous proprietor friends
If You Cannot contact the previous owner to unlock the cell telephone, contact McAfee Technical Support in www.mcafee.com/activate and have the following information available:
To get a smartphone
- The IMEI number of the older device
- The IMEI number of the new device
- The registered telephone number
To get a tablet:
NOTE: Inform the support representative if you’ve installed the standalone Mobile Security. Handset changes aren’t allowed for Total unlimited account types.
Get Support for Mcafee by www.mcafee.com/activate total protection experts.